Mindfill

A landfill is a dumping ground for random objects and things. I figure that this blog is going to serve as a dumping ground for my random thoughts - therefore, it's a mindfill.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend Warrior

Ok, so I'm not as young as I used to be. This is a realization I've had to come by, albeit kicking and screaming. But I think I'm finally ready to admit it. For those of you that don't know, I play in an amateur baseball league. We play on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. Well, after yesterday's game, my body is just a little bit sore. Unfortunately, it's my legs that are the most sore. So all day at work, my walking resembled more of a pained waddle than a confident or athletic gait. It wouldn't have been so bad except that the three pregnant women in the office were making fun of me for it. Let me tell you, that is a humbling experience.

Anyway, the whole thought of getting older is a little frustrating to me. I guess I have a little bit of Peter Pan syndrome - I don't ever want to grow up. I always told myself that as long as I could do the things athletically that I always could, that I wasn't getting any older. I could show up at the baseball field, lace up my spikes, and play with no worries. No post-game ice sessions or ibuprofen cocktails needed. Unfortunately, those days are behind me and it's days like to today that hammer that point home to me.

Oh well, I guess I can always continue to act childish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home