Mindfill

A landfill is a dumping ground for random objects and things. I figure that this blog is going to serve as a dumping ground for my random thoughts - therefore, it's a mindfill.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Rest in Pieces

I'm sad to report that there was a death in the family today. Ok, perhaps I'm being a bit overdramatic. But still, my chair broke tonight! This wasn't just any chair either, this was my overstuffed, La-Z-Boy recliner that I've had since before I had my own apartment. It was worn in all the right places and super comfortable. I've lost track of the number of hours I spent sitting in it.

This was the chair that was the only place where I could sleep a couple of years ago when I had the flu and was coughing non-stop for three weeks. This was the chair in which I studied for every exam in law school. This was the chair in which I sat for every March Madness or Mythbusters marathon. In other words, it was put to good use - often!

But now, it's broken. I'm contemplating going to Home Depot and purchasing the requisite wood needed to fix the part of it that broke. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm handy enough to pull that off. So it appears that the chair is now a part of furniture past. I take that back, this chair was more than just another piece of furniture. It was a member of the family. Ok, maybe not.

My parents have offered to replace it with a similar chair that they purchased for their basement this past winter. I've sat in this chair. It's nice, but it's not my chair. I guess I could always bite the bullet and buy myself a new chair. But still, it just won't be the same.

So rest in peace, or in this case rest in pieces. You had a good life. Thank goodness I still have my couch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home