Mindfill

A landfill is a dumping ground for random objects and things. I figure that this blog is going to serve as a dumping ground for my random thoughts - therefore, it's a mindfill.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Public Access?

I had a little difficulty in falling asleep last night, so I was flipping channels around 2am. I came across the public access/home shopping block of channels. Normally, I zip right through these figuring I'd never watch any of them in a million years anyway. However, for some reason last night I didn't. On one of the public access channels, I saw what looked like a low-budget, filmed in somebody's backyard with their own camera, gardening show. And, for some reason, I stopped flipping and watched it for a couple of minutes.

It was at that time I realized that it was indeed a low-budget, filmed in somebody's backyard with their own camera program and it did have to do with gardening - or at least the growing of plants. It was a show on how to grow your own marijuana. It was actually pretty detailed. But the final straw was when the narrator mentioned that in order to have the perfect "grow room" you needed to surround the room with a thick curtain that you can't see through because the plants like it that way! (No mention that this would also serve to make it a little tougher for the police to see when they raid you!) Once I heard this, I started laughing hysterically. Somehow, in this age of the ultra-tight, stick a lump of coal in their ass and you get a diamond FCC, (who is, ironically enough so tight that I wouldn't have been able to utter that phrase) someone was able to slide a how-to grow marijuana show onto the airwaves. Granted, it was on a public access channel and there is, if I remember rightly, little or no regulation of public access. But still. It just struck me as very funny. I kept flipping and found that Army of Darkness was on a couple of channels away. So that stopped my flipping until I fell asleep and I never went back to the other show.

Anyway, I just thought that was funny. Maybe I'm going to have to pay more attention to those channels and see if anymore strange or interesting nuggets can be found there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home