Mindfill

A landfill is a dumping ground for random objects and things. I figure that this blog is going to serve as a dumping ground for my random thoughts - therefore, it's a mindfill.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy #$%&@!{ Holidays

Well, it's that time of the year again. It's the holiday season. Unfortunately, I'm just not in the holiday spirit yet. I don't mean to sound like a Scrooge, it's just I don't feel very Merry at the present time. I'm not as disgruntled as the title of this post might appear though either. I mean, it's not like I'm knocking over the Salvation Army change buckets or anything. To be honest with you, I just wanted to steal a page from the comics section and blank out an expletive with symbols. Yeah, I'm a nerd.

Anyway, I haven't started either my Christmas shopping or my Christmas decorating yet. I bought a new Christmas tree about a month ago. It's still in the box. I'm in no hurry to get it out of the box either. While I don't normally get into Christmas to the point of a total immersion, you know - holly and nog and all of that fun stuff - I do normally feel a little more festive. I guess in light of recent events, I just don't feel like it. I'm not ready to dive into the season yet.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. It's just that the majority of the holiday season is designed around doing things with your significant other and/or kids. When you don't have either, you sorta feel left out.

I'm sure as Christmas gets even closer, I'll begin to feel a little more festive. In fact, I know I will. It pretty much always happens that way. You never know, I might even get my tree out of the box too. Come to think of it, I could use a little nog right about now.

Follow-up:

Speaking of Christmas shopping, I do have a little something to be excited about. I already know one thing I'm getting that I'm excited about. It also provides a follow-up to something I posted on here awhile back. In case you haven't read previous entries (and I know it's hard to since there are so many of them), this summer my beloved chair broke and I've been without one ever since. Ok, so here's the follow-up on that. My parents took the chair home to have it fixed at the furniture store where it was purchased. They took it out of the back of the truck and set it on the sidewalk outside the store to go in and talk to someone about it. When they came back out 15 minutes later, the chair was gone. Someone stole my broken chair off the sidewalk in broad daylight! Anyway, my birthday gift from my parents was a replacement chair. I picked it out this past weekend. Let me tell you, it is nice. It's overstuffed and leather. It's a very manly chair! The only problem is that it's on backorder until the end of this month. So, I'll get it, I just have to wait a little longer. Anyway, that's my follow-up and my little nugget of Christmas spirit.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger sarah cool said…

    is it like the barkolounger on friends?!?!!

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Very similar. But it's a little nicer I think. Nice call though!

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Might I reccomend a band to listen to for a while? Great band and probably not one you listen to often... so it would (or should) be a pleasant soundfor a while... the Talking Heads. particularly the song "Pulled up"
    -Christine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home