Mindfill

A landfill is a dumping ground for random objects and things. I figure that this blog is going to serve as a dumping ground for my random thoughts - therefore, it's a mindfill.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Police Squad

Ok, I'll admit the title is really weak. I couldn't think of anything else that matched the subject of this post. Besides, you know me, I like to crib from movies and/or music. And somehow a Leslie Nielson movie/TV show just seems to fit me.

Anyway, the subject of this post is something I read in the lastet Entertainment Weekly. There was a section dealing with speculated (or actual) music reunions. It talked about whether the reunion was going to happen and who was involved. Apparently, the Police are reuniting for a tour! Holy cow! That's HUGE and exciting news. I have always loved the Police and thought that they were one of the most underrated bands in the history of rock. They put out some of the best songs ever and had a very short life span as a band. They also broke up right about the time I was getting into music. So I never really got to enjoy anything new from them.

I always thought they broke up because of tension between band members. That's the type of thing that will tear a band apart and keep them that way. Of course, then Sting went on to a multi-platinum several times over solo career. So the last thing I ever expected to hear was that they would ever reunite and tour again. But according to EW, that's exactly what's going to happen!

As a music nerd, I am so excited to hear this. I will bankrupt myself to get tickets if necessary. I have been very fortunate to see some of my all-time favorites in concert (some multiple times) and I would bend over backwards to see a reunited Police concert.

Obviously, this is all specualtion and grapevine reports at this point. And as the scuttled Van Halen reuniting proved to us (both times) - anything can happen. But still, I am going to remain cautiously excited at the prospects of this happening. In the meantime, I'm cueing up "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic", "Don't Stand So Close to Me", "Every Breath You Take", and "Synchronicity" on my computer, hitting repeat, and enjoying!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home